The St. Joseph’s Hospital Foundation is a charity whose main goal is to provide funding to the St. Joseph’s Hospital of Estevan to allow it to provide the most advanced healthcare possible to this community.
The St. Joseph’s Hospital is currently in search of a Foundation Director to cover a 1-year maternity leave.
Terms of Employment: This position is a full time one-year maternity leave replacement.
Start Date: February 26th, 20108
End Date: March 15th, 2019
Time Commitment: 37.5 hours per week. 8:00am-4:00pm.
Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Compensation: will vary depending on the qualifications of the individual
Location: St. Joseph’s Hospital Foundation Clinic. 1176 Nicholson Road, Estevan, Saskatchewan
How to Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume and two references as a single PDF document with the file name as follows: LastName_FirstName_FoundationDirector.pdf to Rebecca Cassidy at: Rebecca.Cassidy@saskhealthauthority.ca
Application Due Date: Monday, January 15th, 2018 at 12:00pm
We thank all applicants for their time and interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted. We anticipate that interviews for short-listed applicants will occur at the end of January 2018.
Skills/Education that will be considered an asset:
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Communications, Community Development or a related field
- 3 years experience in major event planning and execution
- Experience in Donor Acquisition and retention
- Proven experience in public relations, communications and social media marketing
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience in Non-Profit Financial Planning and Management
- Effective oral communication skills
- Ability to engage in professional communication with committees, stakeholders and donors
- Strong public speaking, writing and project management skills
- Self motivated, independent thinker and ability to work under pressure
SJHF Director - Job Description
Planning of Annual Events
- Festival of Trees (November)
- Radiothon (April)
- Donor Recognition Event (Every Other June)
- Colour My Foundation (June)
- Third party fundraisers
- Create and maintain yearly budget
- Oversee bookkeeper/admin assistant
- Analysis of Clinic income/costs on a monthly basis
- Management of assets and investments
- Report to the board on all financial issues
- Corporate donor acquisition and retention
- Complex Grant Applications
- Oversee bookkeeper and admin assistant
- Overall management of SJHF Clinic
- Create and update emergency plan for Clinic
- Deal with major problems/situations/upgrades within the clinic
- Collaborative Financial Support for Physician Recruitment
- Cooperation and Communication with SJH Management to ensure Physician Retention
- Communication with SJH Management for applications for funding to the Foundation
- SJHF Revitalization Campaign
- Finding corporate donors
- Donor and Event Press Releases
- Update media on awareness campaigns
- Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Website etc.
- Personal Visitations of $5K Plus Donors
- Development of Campaign Mail outs for major equipment needed
- Advertisements of capital campaigns
- Ad Creation for online campaigns
- Digital and Print Ad Creation/Approval
- All marketing and advertising of the SJHF
- Design of SJHF Marketing Materials